Use of Parish Meeting/Conference Rooms Rules and Regulations
- All groups or organizations using or renting the meetings rooms must have a mission that is not contrary to the mission of the Catholic Church, the Diocese of Providence or St. Bernard Parish.
- Groups and organizations affiliated with St. Bernard Parish will have priority for usage and availability.
- Hours of usage:
- Saturday daytime usage must end by 3:00 PM.
- Saturday evening usage cannot begin before 6:30 PM and must end by 9:00 PM.
- Sunday usage cannot begin before 12 PM and must end by 6:00 PM.
- Weeknight usage begins at 6:30 PM and ends at 9:00 PM.
- Weekdays, the meeting rooms are available between 9:00AM and 4:00 PM
- Exceptions can be made on a per-case basis.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Meeting (Conference) Rooms.
- The Parish Center is a smoke-free environment and smoking is not allowed.
- The possession of firearms, including concealed firearms, on St. Bernard’s property is prohibited. Excepted are uniformed police and security personnel.
- The seating capacity of the Large Meeting room is 50 persons. The capacity of the Small Meeting room is 20 persons. These capacities are not to be exceeded
- If decorating, usage of the following items is prohibited:
- The use of staples, tacks, nails, tape or other adhesives on walls, ceilings, window sills or tables is never allowed.
- Free Standing decorations are allowed.
- Room set-up and clean-up:
- Needs must be reviewed with parish representative.
- A parish representative must be on site during the event/meeting.
- Each meeting room is equipped with a SMART TV that is connected to the internet and may be used if prior permission is requested.
- The Parish Center is equipped with WIFI. An instruction sheet will be provided if the Lessee would like use of the guest WIFI.
- All parking will be in the parking lots. The entrance to the Lot is on Tower Hill Road. There is an exit in the rear of the building which is a Right Turn Only (onto Ten Rod Rd.) and may be used only as a one-way exit, not an entrance.
- St. Bernard Parish is not responsible for the loss due to theft, articles left on the property or damage to vehicles.
- No parking is allowed on the grass at any time.
Any exceptions to these usage policies are at the discretion of the pastor and the Parish Hall Coordinator.
Usage fees and legal requirements
- A deposit of $50.00 must be made in advance to reserve a date.
- The deposit will be forfeited for damages or for any policy not followed.
- The deposit will be refunded within two weeks of the event/meeting after it has been certified that there were no damages to the room or St. Bernard property.
- The deposit will be refunded only if the parish receives notice of the cancellation ten (10) days prior to the event/meeting.
- Exceptions due to unforeseen circumstances and waiving of the deposit are at the discretion of the Pastor.
- All Fees do not include the security deposit but due include a maintenance fee for set-up and clean-up.
- Rental for the Small Meeting Room is: $30.00/hour
- Rental for the Large Meeting Room is: $50/hour
- The Lessee must sign a “Rental Agreement” (Meeting Room Rental Agreement).
- The Lessee must agree to pay for defense of St. Bernard Parish and the Diocese of Providence in the event of any law suits brought as related to the use of the Parish Center.
Diocesan Insurance Liability and Special Events Coverage:
- Parish liability insurance does not cover medical expenses incurred by accidents that happen on the property unless the parish is determined to be at fault.
- The Lessee is responsible for the conduct of all persons entering the building during the time of the event.
- Illegal gambling is prohibited in the building or on the grounds.
Any questions, please call the parish office at 295-0387 or fill out the contact form below.